Saturday 22 November 2008

running down the hill

can you remember what you did as a child to let off steam? a friend was saying she ran down the hill screaming. it was just we all need to find a way to release the tension from everyday life. I have had a horrible week, stuff left over from my childhood has come back to bite. I am OK but i wish i was 8 again and could run and be silly and sound off. Instead we try and be responsible and sensible and instead we bottle things up. I am going to watch some sport and shout at the screen but i am also lighting a candle to remember my sister to God.
In an age where we think we can control everything, times like this remind us we don't.
but i am loved by a God who does and while I cannot fathom her plan I am content to be part of it.
so if you have kids encourage them to let their steam off and not to become a sensible adult too soon

2 comments:

Rob said...

I've still been known to go into the middle of park / field and shout!

Praying for you this week!

Jeremy said...

The truth is I have never grown up in so many ways but somehow I have got out of the habit of releasing the angst
next time we meet up you should teach me
j