Wednesday 5 November 2008

new tomorrow?

Apart from the obvious joy at a President being elected who appears to know that a world exists outside of America, I am just happy that someone who treats and values people equally has been elected.
Obama's rhetoric is amazing, as a small time politician in the past I know how a good speech can move people. But the acceptance speech last night was incredible it was spine tingling good. It showed vision and hope
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7710079.stm
But tomorrow we will all wake up and being cynical , we will find out that whilst we agreed on the broad vision we do not agree on the actions.
We will decide we have been let done and the fantasy of nirvana is just that.
But as a christian I believe God's kingdom will come on earth by us acting as Jesus commanded in the New testament. So my cynical political view says all politicians disappoint eventually . My christian view says we must believe and act as if the vision is possible and achievable ( with God's help). Obama excites my christian hope and suppresses my political cynicism .
Maybe I will be disappointed, but I need as a Christian to travel hopefully

No comments: