Saturday 26 July 2008

commital


I have taken part in my first funeral since ordination. I helped at kennedy's funeral and did his commital.
It is a very simple thing a commital, but it is raw the family are no longer being reserved they are alone with their loved one.
it was lovely because Kennedy had such a faith that he directed every part of the funeral. I moved away from the minimum set by Kennedy to read something extra and to admit we all present really loved him.
The turn out for the funeral was massive, and I was really touched that one of his friends came up to me and said that he was proud of me and loved me. He directed me through my training and ordination so for him to be that loving towards me means a lot
Tomorrow I preach on exodus 33. a wonderful passage where God gives the people of Israel a choice, God agrees to take them to the promised land but he wont come with them
Meanwhile Jesus says you are chosen. Kennedy understood the complex balance between these two statements.His ordiantion verse was John 15.16
thanks for everyones' prayers
j xx

No comments: